The Shrine of Saint Anne is associated with the miraculous
figure of Saint Anna revered here for five hundred years. She
is presented here accompanied by the Virgin Mary and the
Child Jesus. The church itself was built in the years 1609-1617.
There is also a seventeenth-century monastery, which for
about two centuries served the Bernardines, and later, in the
second half of the nineteenth century, it became a convent
of the Dominican sisters, and has been serving them to the