The first Gothic church of Saint Sigismund in Częstochowa
was built as a parish church, probably in the first half of the
fifteenth century. It served as a parish church only until the
end of the nineteenth century. Its today's look is the result of
an eighteenth-century reconstruction. At that time, it was
rebuilt in the Baroque style. It is a three-nave church with
two towers at the front. In the adjacent seventeenthcentury monastery building, there is now a parsonage.
The Museum of Halina Poświatowska in Częstochowa is
located in the house at 23 Częstochowska Street. She is one
of the greatest Polish poets of the twentieth century. The
main theme of her poems is passing of time and love. The
museum is arranged in the family home, where there are
numerous rare memorabilia such as her typewriter, letters,
photographs and documents. The collection is completed
with important figures in her life, and, of course, the
The brewery in Częstochowa is probably the oldest industrial facility in the city. Admittedly, beer has been brewed at Jasna Góra from the sixteenth century onwards, but the first industrial brewery was opened in 1840. This brewery boomed in the early decades of the last century, when it was owned by Karol Szwede. We can see historic buildings from that time, including an old malt house and a water tower at Ogrodowa Street, next to the Cathedral of Częstochowa.
The Archcathedral Basilica of the Holy Family - from 1992
on, the seat of the archbishop of Częstochowa - is one of
the churches in Poland, which were built for the longest
time. The first earthwork started in 1901 and the towers
were consecrated in 1997. The size of the neo-Gothic
church is impressive. The towers rise to more than 80
meters! Inside, among others, there are a beautiful altar,
stained glass windows and a nice sounding organ.
"While in Częstochowa, it is worth visiting the Prof.
Wacław Sakwa Gallery of Art Casting. Here, we will see
a collection of antique and contemporary art castings
made in various techniques. The most precious exhibit
in the collection is a fifteenth-century bell. Prof.
Wacław Sakwa, the patron of the gallery, served,
among others, as rector of the Silesian University of
Ibis Czestochowa hotel is located on National Road No.1, between Warsaw and Katowice, 4 km from the resort of Jasna Gora-celebration for the Polish pilgrims and 15 km from the Krakow-Czestochowskiej.Hotel is a good place from which you can climb the mountain to climb, and also to explore the ruins along the Eagles' Nests Trail.