The beginning of the restaurant operation Złoty Garniec Inn is 2013. From the very beginning, the restaurant owners focu...
The beginning of the restaurant operation Złoty Garniec Inn is 2013. From the very beginning, the restaurant owners focused on traditional Polish cuisine based on healthy regional products. The restaurant's specialty is traditional Polish cuisine, which is appreciated by both local restaurant guests and tourist groups from around the world. All dishes are cooked based on Old Polish recipes.
In the present Silesian voivodeship we can see a few interesting cemeteries from the times of WW1, which took a bloody toll in this region as well. One of the largest graveyards is situated in Biskupice, a western part of the town of Pilica, in the Kraków-Częstochowa Upland. Nearly 1000 soldiers of the Austro-Hungarian and Russian armies may be buried here. They perished in the battle between Częstochowa and Kraków at the end of 1914.
Giebło is located in the commune of Ogrodzieniec, on the road from Żerkowice to Pilica. It is an old town, mentioned for the first time in the written sources at the beginning of the fourteenth century. There are a manor house in the historic park and a Romanesque, twelfth-thirteenth century parish church of Saint James, surrounded by a wall. Archaeologists have discovered remains of a castle in the village. There are numerous roadside chapels and crosses, and an interesting bakery named „Podpłomyk”, cultivating medieval traditions.
The parish church of Saint James the Apostle in Giebło
is one of the oldest churches in this part of Poland. It is
dated from the twelfth century. The Romanesque
church is an example of the characteristic monuments
erected in the early centuries of the Polish statehood.
The church survived unchanged until the early
twentieth century, when it was rebuilt, but the body, in
large part, has retained its original look.
The palace of Pilica, also called the castle, is a building
consisting of four wings and a courtyard, and it is
surrounded by fortified bastions. The residence, whose
origins are lost in the darkness of history, underwent
many reconstructions. The palace complex including
gates, a carriage house and an outbuilding is now
significantly devastated. The property is surrounded by a
park with specimens of trees, some of which are
considered natural monuments.
One of the monuments of Pilica is a church and a
monastery of the Observant Franciscan Friars in Pilica
Biskupice. The monastery was founded by the widow of
Prince Konstanty Sobieski - Maria Sobieska nee Wessel,
owner of Pilica, at the end of the first half of the
eighteenth century. She also donated a sixteenthcentury copy of the icon of Our Lady of the Snows to the
Order. The image, which can be found in the monastery
church, much venerated.