DETAILS OF THE TOURIST ATTRACTION
Category: Cultural Heritage

The Sanctuary of the Blood of Christ in Częstochowa


The Sanctuary of the Blood of Christ in Częstochowa is one of the youngest in Poland. The local facilities include the Mission House of Saint Lawrence, the Chapel of the Mother and Queen of the Most Precious Blood and the paths with a complex of the chapels, built in the last decade of the twentieth century. The cult of the Blood of Christ is a legend about Saint Longinus, a Roman soldier who pierced Christ's side with a spear, and then converted into Christianity.

Location
street Św. Kaspra del Bufalo 2 18
42–221 Częstochowa
Częstochowa
Kraków-Częstochowa Jura
in the city/town
Contact data
: 34 366 54 83
: http://www.sanktuarium.cpps.pl/
General Information
: sanctuaries/cult places
Prices & amenities
: admission free
Availability
: whole year

Nie jesteś zalogowany. Aby skorzystać z planera podróży musisz się zalogować.

Przejdź do strony logowania.

Attractions
Routes
Galleries
City audio tours
Zapraszamy na audiowycieczkę po Częstochowie!
Zapraszamy na audiowycieczkę po Częstochowie!
Zapraszamy na przygotowaną specjalnie dla dzieci audiowycieczkę po Częstochowie!
Sound files
0371
/Media/Default\.MainStorage/Poi/wzji1bgk.3g0\0371.mp3

Silesian Flavours Culinary Trail
Częstochowa
The restaurant is located in a city centre, in historic cellars of City Hall.
Częstochowa
Two-storey restaurant tempts with its own beer and exceptional cuisine with well-known regional dishes such as buttermil... More>>
Kroczyce
The restaurant is located in a picturesque area of Krakow-Czestochowa Upland and offers traditional Polish, Jurassic an... More>>
Nearby
Częstochowa
The Museum of the Imagination in Częstochowa is an author’s gallery of Tomasz Sętowski, a popular painter and sculptor, sometimes numbered by critics to the genre known as "magical realism." The decor of the museum is to introduce the visitor into the world of the artist's imagination, which is dominated by visions of odd figures and things of fantastic worlds. The works of Sętowski can be found in many Polish and foreign collections.
Częstochowa
The Cemetery of Saint Roch in Częstochowa is the oldest graveyard in the city, dating back to the first half of the seventeenth century. In the eighteenth century, the cemetery was enlarged. Among the tombstones, we can see many historic monuments from the nineteenth century. The church of Saints Sebastian and Roch, located at the cemetery a building consecrated in 1680. It stands on the site of an earlier chapel. The cemetery and the church lie in the western part of the city, called Częstochówka.
Częstochowa
“Fortalitium marianum” – this was the name given in 1639 by King Władysław IV Vasa to the fortress of Jasna Góra, which is one of the many fortresses defending the borders of the Polish Republic.
Częstochowa
"While in Częstochowa, it is worth visiting the Prof. Wacław Sakwa Gallery of Art Casting. Here, we will see a collection of antique and contemporary art castings made in various techniques. The most precious exhibit in the collection is a fifteenth-century bell. Prof. Wacław Sakwa, the patron of the gallery, served, among others, as rector of the Silesian University of Technology."
Częstochowa
While in Częstochowa, it is worth visiting the Prof. Wacław Sakwa Gallery of Art Casting. Here, we will see a collection of antique and contemporary art castings made in various techniques. The most precious exhibit in the collection is a fifteenth-century bell. Prof. Wacław Sakwa, the patron of the gallery, served, among others, as rector of the Silesian University of Technology.
See more