List of facilities and places in the neighbourhood
  • Cultural Heritage
    Smoleń
    The village of Smoleń lies in the Kraków-Częstochowa Upland, on the eastern edge of Silesia, near the village of Pilica. Smoleń is known primarily for the castle, which, although much ruined, is one of the most picturesque and attractive fortresses located on the Eagles' Nests Trail. Its tower dominating over the forest is the landmark of the local landscape. The castle is situated with the area of the nature reserve also called Smoleń.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Pilica
    The first Jews settled in Pilica, an old town which lies east of Zawiercie, in the sixteenth century. Before the Holocaust, they represented the vast majority in the town. In the twenty-first century, the only trace of their presence is a large cemetery located on the edge of the town. This is the other Jewish cemetery in Pilica founded in 1842. It occupies an area of approximately 1 hectare. It is fenced. 327 typical tombstones with inscriptions mostly in Hebrew have survived to this day.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Pilica
    In Zarzecze, a small town adjacent to the Pilica river, there are ruins of the stone church dedicated to Saints Valentine and Stanislaus. The church was built in the sixteenth century as part of the hospital buildings. In the seventeenth century, a brick church was built where the ministry was exercised by the fathers of the Order of Canons Regular of Saint Augustine. The property fell into disrepair after the partition of Poland, in the second half of the nineteenth century.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Pilica
    An old, wooden bell tower and a brick sacristy, church wall and gravestones of the old cemetery are the only remnants of the church of Saints Peter and Paul in Pilica. The sixteenth-century wooden church stood on Saint Peter’s Hill rising over the Pilica river until January 1945. It was here where the first settlement called the Old Pilica had been founded 800 years ago. The hill is worth the climb to admire the extensive views.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Pilica
    In Pilica, which lies in the Kraków-Częstochowa, a clear urban layout has been preserved to this day. It is associated with the location of the town on the Magdeburg Law in the late fourteenth century. The center forms a trapezoidal market square, of whose corners main streets run out, which in the past were parts of major routes. Noteworthy are the traces of the former town hall, municipal wells, and above all, old churches.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Pilica
    The church of John the Baptist of Pilica combines many styles. It results from different architectural concepts. The original sanctuary was built in the Gothic style at the turn of the fourteenth and fifteenth centuries. It was founded by the Pilecki family. About a century later, the church was rebuilt by the Padniewskis, local landowners. At that time, a lot baroque elements were introduced into the church building.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Pilica
    The palace of Pilica, also called the castle, is a building consisting of four wings and a courtyard, and it is surrounded by fortified bastions. The residence, whose origins are lost in the darkness of history, underwent many reconstructions. The palace complex including gates, a carriage house and an outbuilding is now significantly devastated. The property is surrounded by a park with specimens of trees, some of which are considered natural monuments.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Biskupice
    One of the monuments of Pilica is a church and a monastery of the Observant Franciscan Friars in Pilica Biskupice. The monastery was founded by the widow of Prince Konstanty Sobieski - Maria Sobieska nee Wessel, owner of Pilica, at the end of the first half of the eighteenth century. She also donated a sixteenthcentury copy of the icon of Our Lady of the Snows to the Order. The image, which can be found in the monastery church, much venerated.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Biskupice
    In the present Silesian voivodeship we can see a few interesting cemeteries from the times of WW1, which took a bloody toll in this region as well. One of the largest graveyards is situated in Biskupice, a western part of the town of Pilica, in the Kraków-Częstochowa Upland. Nearly 1000 soldiers of the Austro-Hungarian and Russian armies may be buried here. They perished in the battle between Częstochowa and Kraków at the end of 1914.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Ryczów
    Ryczów lies in the commune of Ogrodzieniec, in the district of Zawiercie. Among the fans of the Polish Jura, the village is known primarily for the ruins of the local fortified watchtower. It may have been built, like many other buildings of this type in the Jura, by Casimir the Great, in the fourteenth century, in order to strengthen the border of the Polish Kingdom at that time. Though some doubt that this king erected the stronghold.