List of facilities and places in the neighbourhood
  • Cultural Heritage
    Częstochowa
    At the beginning of the nineteenth century, there were two towns – Częstochowa and Nowa Częstochowa, also called Częstochówka, both situated at Jasna Góra. They merged into one urban organism in 1826. The new, fourth most populated city of Congress Poland needed a town hall. It was erected between 1828 and 1836, according to the design of Franciszek Reinstein. After the rebuilding in 1908, it features the Eclectic style. Currently, it houses the Częstochowa Museum.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Częstochowa
    The church of Saint James in Częstochowa has an interesting history. Originally, there was a sixteenth-century chapel of the same patron, and in its place, a brick church was built in the following century. During the partitions, on the site of the demolished chapel, tsarist authorities erected an Orthodox church of Saints Cyril and Methodius, which was somewhat a demonstration of power. After being returned to the parish of Saint James, the building was rebuilt, but has retained the characteristic features of the neo-Byzantine style.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Częstochowa
    The Museum of Halina Poświatowska in Częstochowa is located in the house at 23 Częstochowska Street. She is one of the greatest Polish poets of the twentieth century. The main theme of her poems is passing of time and love. The museum is arranged in the family home, where there are numerous rare memorabilia such as her typewriter, letters, photographs and documents. The collection is completed with important figures in her life, and, of course, the ubiquitous poems.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Częstochowa
    Zdzislaw Beksiński is one of the most renowned Polish artists of the second half of the twentieth century. His art works can be found in numerous galleries and museums around the world. One of the few places in Poland where you can see dozens of the artist's works is Częstochowa, namely the Museum of Zdzislaw Beksiński in the City Art Gallery. The works presented here come from the collection of the artist’s friends - Anna and Piotr Dmochowski.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Częstochowa
    Budynek starej konduktorowni pochodzi z II poł. XIX w. Jest pozostałością kompleksu obiektów starego dworca Kolei Warszawsko-Wiedeńskiej, od 1846 r łączącej Częstochowę z Warszawą.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Częstochowa
    The brewery in Częstochowa is probably the oldest industrial facility in the city. Admittedly, beer has been brewed at Jasna Góra from the sixteenth century onwards, but the first industrial brewery was opened in 1840. This brewery boomed in the early decades of the last century, when it was owned by Karol Szwede. We can see historic buildings from that time, including an old malt house and a water tower at Ogrodowa Street, next to the Cathedral of Częstochowa.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Częstochowa
    The Stanisław Staszic Park in Częstochowa is one of the two parks at the foot of Jasna Góra which are located towards the east of the monastery. Their boundaries were drawn in the first half of the nineteenth century. Currently, the Staszic Park has over 5 hectares, and there are monumental trees, here. The pride of the park is numerous monuments and buildings erected on the occasion of the Industry and Agriculture Exhibition in Częstochowa in 1909.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Częstochowa
    "The Museum of Ore Mining in Częstochowa is one of the places in Poland where you can learn about traditional methods of mining iron ore in natural conditions. It is housed in the underground corridors hollowed out beneath the Częstochowa Stanisław Staszic Park. Besides the old corridors, we can see specialized machinery and equipment. The opening of the exhibition took place in 2008. The museum is a branch of the Częstochowa Museum."
  • Cultural Heritage
    Częstochowa
    The first Gothic church of Saint Sigismund in Częstochowa was built as a parish church, probably in the first half of the fifteenth century. It served as a parish church only until the end of the nineteenth century. Its today's look is the result of an eighteenth-century reconstruction. At that time, it was rebuilt in the Baroque style. It is a three-nave church with two towers at the front. In the adjacent seventeenthcentury monastery building, there is now a parsonage.