List of facilities and places in the neighbourhood
  • Cultural Heritage
    Częstochowa
    In 1909, the Exhibition of Industry and Agriculture was held in Częstochowa. It was the largest event of its kind in the Polish lands before the the First World War. Within a few months, 660 exhibitors presented their products to about half a million visitors. A reminder of that exhibition is a few halls which can be seen in the Staszica Park at Jasna Góra.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Częstochowa
    The Stanisław Staszic Park in Częstochowa is one of the two parks at the foot of Jasna Góra which are located towards the east of the monastery. Their boundaries were drawn in the first half of the nineteenth century. Currently, the Staszic Park has over 5 hectares, and there are monumental trees, here. The pride of the park is numerous monuments and buildings erected on the occasion of the Industry and Agriculture Exhibition in Częstochowa in 1909.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Częstochowa
    "The Museum of Ore Mining in Częstochowa is one of the places in Poland where you can learn about traditional methods of mining iron ore in natural conditions. It is housed in the underground corridors hollowed out beneath the Częstochowa Stanisław Staszic Park. Besides the old corridors, we can see specialized machinery and equipment. The opening of the exhibition took place in 2008. The museum is a branch of the Częstochowa Museum."
  • Cultural Heritage
    Częstochowa
    In the Jasna Góra Treasury in Częstochowa, there are begging and thanksgiving offerings which were made to Our Lady by pilgrims who have been visiting the shrine from the late Middle Ages to modern times. Among the votive offerings, we can see both masterpieces of art - royal or papal gifts - and modest items bearing the emotional value. The oldest ones are from the fourteenth century.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Częstochowa
    The Shrine of Our Lady of Jasna Góra is the most popular Polish Marian shrine and one of the most important in the world. In the monastery complex of the Pauline Fathers monastery, people venerate a Byzantine icon with the miraculous image of the Virgin and Child, which was brought to Częstochowa in the fifteenth century. The present buildings of the monastery are mainly from the seventeenth century and represent the Baroque style.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Częstochowa
    The Museum of the 600th Anniversary of Jasna Góra is one of the several exhibitions at the monastery of Częstochowa. The museum, located near the chapel of the Miraculous Image, in the premises of the former printing office, which operated here from the seventeenth century to the time of its closure by the Russian occupants in 1864. The exhibition, consisting of various departments, was opened in 1982. The idea of creating the museum was associated with the jubilee celebration of the foundation of the monastery.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Częstochowa
    Zdzislaw Beksiński is one of the most renowned Polish artists of the second half of the twentieth century. His art works can be found in numerous galleries and museums around the world. One of the few places in Poland where you can see dozens of the artist's works is Częstochowa, namely the Museum of Zdzislaw Beksiński in the City Art Gallery. The works presented here come from the collection of the artist’s friends - Anna and Piotr Dmochowski.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Częstochowa
    “Fortalitium marianum” – this was the name given in 1639 by King Władysław IV Vasa to the fortress of Jasna Góra, which is one of the many fortresses defending the borders of the Polish Republic.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Częstochowa
    The Museum of the Archdiocese of Częstochowa is the youngest of its kind in Poland. It collects a number of monuments of religious art, which come from different ages, including around 100 paintings and 120 sculptures and vessels and vestments. Many of the objects exhibited here belong to the collection of monuments, which was started by Teodor Kubina, the first bishop of the Częstochowa diocese in 1925. Therefore, the museum now bears his name.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Częstochowa
    The church of Saints Barbara and Andrew the Apostle is located in the vicinity of the monastery of Jasna Góra, with which its history is closely associated. According to tradition, in the fifteenth century, the picture of the Black Madonna was stolen, and the damaged picture was abandoned south of the walls of the monastery. It was at this site that a small church was erected in the seventeenth century. Its distinguishing feature is the cylindrical tower. The church is also known as the Sanctuary of the Hurt Icon of the Lady of Częstochowa.