The present church of Saint John the Baptist in
Olsztyn was built between 1722 and 1729. It is
not the first on this site, but the second, or even
the third. Before the today’s brick church was
constructed, there had been a shrine made of
wood, which burned down in the great fire of the
village, in 1719. That building probably was from
either 1529, or from 1600.
(If it had been erected in 1600, it would have
stood on the site of the church from 1529).