List of facilities and places in the neighbourhood
  • Cultural Heritage
    Myszków
    The miraculous image of Our Lady of the Rosary is venerated in the sanctuary in Mrzygłód (once a town city, now a district of Myszków). It was brought here by the Dominicans from Kraków in the middle of the seventeenth century, and placed in the newly erected parish church in the years 1644 to 1653. The sanctuary was built in the Renaissance and Baroque styles. In the Baroque interior there are beautiful, richly decorated altars.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Poręba
    The blast furnace charging tower or the socalled "Gichta” was used formerly to transport blast furnace charge for melting the ore. It was built from limestone slabs in 1798. An inscription, which was cast from molten iron in the first foundry and which bears the date of its construction has survived to our times. Some remains of the wall have also been preserved to this day. The tower is located at Fabryczna Street. The monument was entered into the National Register of Historic Places in 1975.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Zawiercie
    The Minor Basilica of St Peter and St Paul the Apostles in Zawiercie is a neo-Gothic, brick building, which was erected in 1896-1903. In 1904, a statue of Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception was set up in front of the church. In 1992, the church was raised by Bishop Stanisłąw Nowak to the rank of a collegiate. Since 2009, the church has been a minor basilica. In 1990s, a statue of John Paul II was unveiled on the square in front of the basilica.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Zawiercie
    The workers’ housing estate of the Zawiercie Joint-Stock Company is undoubtedly an interesting housing complex in Zawiercie. It was built in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries at, the cotton mill founded in 1833. In the second half of the nineteenth century, it was bought by Adolf and Bernard Ginsberg, Jews from Berlin. It was the first planned and well organized multifamily housing estate, which also had public buildings.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Zawiercie
    The train station in Zawiercie is the oldest building connected with the collective transport in this city. It was built on along the Warsaw–Vienna railway. The first, wooden station building was erected here in 1872. The brick building was put up in less than twenty years later, in 1890, but it was much smaller than the present building. The latter was built in the years 1910-1913, and it was intended to celebrate the 300th anniversary of the reign of the Romanov dynasty in Russia.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Zawiercie
    The mansion called the Szymanski’s palace is an impressive villa of the director of the Joint-Stock Zawiercie Society (TAZ). It was built in the late nineteenth and early twentieth century. The building was an integral part of the workers’ housing estate belonging to the Society. The villa was designed by architect Warsaw, Hugo Kuder. In the early 1990s the mansion was registered as monument. Stanislaw Szymanski, the general director of the TAZ, was also a social activist and philanthropist.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Włodowice
    Włodowice is both a village and the seat of the commune in the district of Zawiercie. There is a ruined chateau from the second half of the seventeenth century built by Stanisław Warszycki, Castellan of Kraków, and a very colorful character, famous for its numerous scandals. The mansion hosted, inter alia, Jan III Sobieski. It was repeatedly rebuilt in the following centuries. Unfortunately, the twentieth-century fires and neglect during the communist regime contributed significantly to its ruin.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Włodowice
    Włodowice, leżące na Wyżynie Krakowsko-Częstochowskiej, w powiecie zawierciańskim, to stara miejscowość - wzmiankowana już w 1220 r. Przez niemal pięć wieków posiadała prawa miejskie, które otrzymała w 1386 r., zaś utraciła w wyniku rosyjskich represji po powstaniu styczniowym. Obok zrujnowanego, XVII-wiecznego pałacu, w miejscowości wart obejrzenia jest kościół św. Bartłomieja, który wzniesiony został na początku XVIII w.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Włodowice
    In 1914, at the beginning of the bloody First World War, the area of the Polish Jura became the scene of a particularly fierce fighting of the allied German and Austro-Hungarian army against the Russians. Only in November 1914, around 70,000 German and Austrian soldiers were killed. The dead were buried in special military cemeteries, one of which we can see in Włodowice near Zawiercie.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Zawiercie
    Shortly after the outbreak of WW1, the Polish Jura areas became the scene of fierce fighting between the three armies of Germany and Austro-Hungary and Russia. Particularly bloody battles took place in November 1914. Thousands of the killed soldiers were then buried on numerous war cemeteries. One of them can be found in Kromołów, a district of Zawiercie, nearly 130 soldiers are buried.