List of facilities and places in the neighbourhood
  • Cultural Heritage
    Racibórz
    The parish of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary is one of the oldest parishes in Racibórz. It now comprises the city center. According to tradition, the sanctuary itself, located in the southern corner of the market square, dates back to the twelfth century, but scholars hold the opinions that it was erected a little later. In the course of time, the Gothic building underwent reconstructions. In particular, the church suffered during the war, but after the war, the church was thoroughly renovated.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Racibórz
    Racibórz, one of the oldest towns in Upper Silesia, still retains a clear medieval urban layout. The market square is situated in its center. Streets run out of the square forming a distinctive grid plan. In 1945, the Racibórz Old Town was almost completely destroyed. Therefore, its modern buildings around the square represent pseudo-Renaissance style. The center of the market square is decorated with an original, Baroque Marian column.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Racibórz
    Of the impressive defense system of Racibórz, which was being constructed throughout the Middle Ages until the early Modern Times, a few fragments of the walls and the building known as the 'Tower Prison” have been preserved to this day. The tower is the most distinctive part of the city walls. Its image can be found on the logo of the city, as well as on the commemorative coin from 2007. The tower was built in the second half of the sixteenth century.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Racibórz
    Stoi na miejscu domu mieszczańskiego, który w 1809 r. wydzierżawił Jan Lorenc Jaschke i urządził tu restaurację. W 1824 r. dom stał się jego własnością. Został gruntownie przebudowany. W nowym lokalu, 29 maja 1846 r., koncertował Franciszek Liszt, a w 1850 r. Johann Strauss syn z orkiestrą. W okresie międzywojennym był tu hotel „Dom niemiecki” (Deutsches Haus).
  • Cultural Heritage
    Racibórz
    The church of Holy Spirit of Racibórz is a fourteenth-century building. For ages, its history was associated with the nearby Dominican monastery. The convent in the monastery, which daughter of the local dukes entered, was one of the main religious and cultural centers in the area. Nowadays, inside the building, which after the dissolution of the monasteries in Prussia in 1810 went through various vicissitudes, there is a museum with some interesting exhibitions, including an archaeological one.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Racibórz
    The District Court building at Nowa Street in Racibórz was built in the years 1823-1826 as the seat of the Prussian Higher Court for the Province of Upper Silesia. The designer of the monumental neo-Classicist building was the most prominent German architect of the first half of the nineteenth century, Karl Friedrich Schinkel. The building still serves the judiciary, and its simple but harmonious and elegant form is impressive.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Istebna
    Istebna, one of the most popular holiday destinations, has been lucky to host distinguished guests who - attracted by her beauty - remained here for their whole life, enriching local culture. This was the case of Ludwik Konarzewski Sr., a prominent artist, who started his family’s relationships with Istebna. We can learn more about the history and work of this extraordinary family by visiting their home workshop and gallery located on the hill of Bucznik. On the premises, there is a wooden chapel of the Konarzewski family built in 1923 as a votive offering for the return from Siberia.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Czerwięcice
    The palace of Czerwięcice lies on a hill, in a picturesque setting. It is one of those Silesian monuments, which are currently waiting to recover its former glory. Although the building is dilapidated today, it still draws attention thanks to its nice shape. It was erected at the initiative of Victor von Wrochem in 1892. The residence, which features the Neo-Renaissance style, is now a private property and, hopefully, will eventually be restored.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Istebna
    The Chapel of Our Lady Queen of the Polish Crown located on Bucznik in Istebna was built in 1922. Its founder was Ludwik Konarzewski Senior - a sculptor and painter, the first of the family of artists, who have been associated with Istebna for a hundred years. The chapel was built as a votive offering for the safe return from exile to Siberia. The building was erected as a log cabin construction, covered with shingles. Inside the chapel, there are works of the artist, including a wooden altar with an image of the Virgin Mary.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Laliki
    The southern corners of the Silesian voivodeship with such villages as Istebna, Koniaków or Laliki are one of the most picturesque areas of Poland. It is also the region which for a long time has attracted lovers of wooden architecture and folk art. One of the pearls of these areas is a church in Laliki, which is situated in the hamlet of Pochodzita. The church belongs to the monuments lying on the Wooden Architecture Trail of the Silesia province.