List of facilities and places in the neighbourhood
  • Cultural Heritage
    Istebna
    The Olza River is formed by combining several small mountain streams, flowing mostly on the western slopes of Gańczorka (909 m), Tyniok (891) and Koczy Castle (846). The symbolic source of the Olza is considered one of the outflows, located at Gańczorka. One of the biking trails marked in the vicinity of Istebna leads to this place, although the last part of the route is more suitable for a pedestrian crossing.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Istebna
    Jerzy Kukuczka was the most prominent Polish Himalayan climber, the second person, who won all the eight-thousanders, which is the Crown of the Himalayas. He perished while climbing Mount Lhotse. Although the climber was born and lived in Katowice, his family was associated with Istebna in the Silesian Beskid. In this village, in a hamlet called Wilcze, you will find his home, which houses the Memorial Room dedicated to him. We can see photographs, climbing equipment, skis and sports trophies there.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Istebna
    Do najważniejszych obiektów, tworzących kompleks zabudowy drewnianej, zalicza się zrębowy dom rodziny Wałachów z około 1858 roku oraz drewnianą pracownię z 1922 roku, w której obecnie mieści się muzeum biograficzne artysty - Jana Wałacha.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Kamesznica
    The village Kamesznica, located on Żywiec, near Milówka, is a valuable relic, which is the manor and park. It was built in the years 1830 to 1833 with the foundation of Teresa and Marcel Potocki. It consists of several buildings and a park in the English style. Well maintained complex has been included in the list of monuments already in 1935, this team is on the right side of the road leading to Zlatna.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Istebna
    Istebna, one of the most popular holiday destinations, has been lucky to host distinguished guests who - attracted by her beauty - remained here for their whole life, enriching local culture. This was the case of Ludwik Konarzewski Sr., a prominent artist, who started his family’s relationships with Istebna. We can learn more about the history and work of this extraordinary family by visiting their home workshop and gallery located on the hill of Bucznik. On the premises, there is a wooden chapel of the Konarzewski family built in 1923 as a votive offering for the return from Siberia.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Istebna
    The Chapel of Our Lady Queen of the Polish Crown located on Bucznik in Istebna was built in 1922. Its founder was Ludwik Konarzewski Senior - a sculptor and painter, the first of the family of artists, who have been associated with Istebna for a hundred years. The chapel was built as a votive offering for the safe return from exile to Siberia. The building was erected as a log cabin construction, covered with shingles. Inside the chapel, there are works of the artist, including a wooden altar with an image of the Virgin Mary.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Istebna
    The wooden church of Saint Joseph in Istebna stands in a picturesque hamlet called Mlaskawka. It was moved here only just in 1997. Originally, it served residents in the hamlet of Trzycatek Jaworzynka, where it had been built in 1948 as a thanksgiving offering for the survival of the Second World War. The church is a traditional log cabin construction, with an interesting interior decorated with works by local artists.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Milówka
    Milówka is a popular summer resort. It lies in the valley of the Soła river, on the border of the Silesian Beskids and the city of Żywiec. In Milówka, on the Wooden Architecture Trail of the Silesia province, there is an old wooden cottage with an original furnishing. This "Old Cottage" is a typical example of traditional architecture building characteristic for the land of Żywiec. Besides, it is one of the oldest buildings in the region. Legend has it that the Polish kings were staying here, including John Casimir escaping the Swedes and John III Sobieski on the way to Vienna.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Milówka
    Cmentarz powstał prawdopodobnie w 1891r. Ostatni znany pochówek miał miejsce w 1939r. Po wojnie wiele macew zostało uszkodzonych, a do dziś przetrwało około stu całych nagobków.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Milówka
    Według legendy pierwszym fundatorem kaplicy był król Jan III Sobieski. Ale po latach, gdy ząb czasu ją zniszczył, postanowiono wznieść nową kaplicę murowaną.