List of facilities and places in the neighbourhood
  • Cultural Heritage
    Olsztyn
    The ruins of the castle in Olsztyn near Częstochowa are among the best-known strongholds of the Polish Jura. A cylindrical, 35- meter tall tower catches the eye from afar. It was built of white limestone, and overbuilt with brown bricks, like a mast of the ship floating in the rough sea. Indeed, the castle witnessed many dramatic events, including the assassination of Maciek Borkowic. From the mid-seventeenth century on, it was falling into disrepair. Eventually, it became a tourist attraction, lying on the popular Eagles’ Nests Trail.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Olsztyn
    The present church of Saint John the Baptist in Olsztyn was built between 1722 and 1729. It is not the first on this site, but the second, or even the third. Before the today’s brick church was constructed, there had been a shrine made of wood, which burned down in the great fire of the village, in 1719. That building probably was from either 1529, or from 1600. (If it had been erected in 1600, it would have stood on the site of the church from 1529).
  • Cultural Heritage
    Częstochowa
    In the town of Raków, in the district of Częstochowa, there is an archaeological reserve of the lusatian culture, which is a branch of the Museum of Częstochowa. Visitors can see a graveyard of the lusatian culture displayed in the modern exhibition hall. The people of this culture lived in the surrounding areas in the first millennium B.C.E. There are archaeological artifacts - such as pottery, tools and ornaments of bronze and iron, etc in the display cases.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Żarki-Letnisko
    Budowę pensjonatu rozpoczęto w 1936 roku. Posiadłość miała być reprezentacyjną rezydencją hrabiny Stefanii Raczyńskiej, założycielki miasta – ogrodu Żarki. Nazwano ja „Nałęcz” od herbu jakim się Raczyńscy pieczętowali.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Olsztyn
    Olsztyn near Częstochowa is known primarily for the ruins of the once mighty castle - "Eagle's Nest" from the time of Casmir the Great. In this town of the Polish Jura there are other, perhaps less impressive, but also historic buildings. An eighteenth-century wooden granary at the northern foot of the fortress is impressive. It was moved to Olsztyn from the village of Borowno. Today, it houses a smart restaurant.
  • Cultural Heritage
    The cave has been formed in the upper Jurassic limestone in the Kielniki quarry, near the Przymiłowice-Kotysów village.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Woźniki
    The Florianek Hill rises north of Woźniki. On its top, there is an imposing monument commemorating the soldiers of the 5th Mounted Rifle Regiment and the 3rd Silesian Cavalry Regiment Cavalry of the Kraków Brigade, who died here on the second of September, 1939, during the fierce fighting with the advancing German troops. Graves with the names of 18 perished soldiers from the both regiments can be found in Woźniki itself, in the parish cemetery.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Olsztyn
    In the northern part of Olsztyn, a town near Olsztyn (close to the road to Kusięta), there is a cemetery at the edge of the foreSt 1968 victims of the Nazi terror are buried here. It was the place of mass executions from the time of the German occupation. The cemetery and the memorial obelisk were built in 60s of the last century. On the stone obelisk the following inscription can be read: "Nation will never forget Them". In 2008, the Way of the Cross was arranged here - a work of Jan and Danuta Wewiór.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Woźniki
    Woźniki is one of the oldest towns in Silesia. The local church was built in the Gothic style in the fourteenth century. Over the centuries, it was rebuilt in the Renaissance and Baroque styles, and finally received it present-day form. The parish of St Catherine of Alexandria in Woźniki belongs to the Diocese of Gliwice. It is also home to the deanery. A lot of the local traditions are associated with the patron saint of the church, a martyr from the turn of the third and fourth centuries.