List of facilities and places in the neighbourhood
  • Cultural Heritage
    Lubsza
    In Lubsza (near Woźnik) there is an interesting Church of Saint James the Elder Apostle. Its history dates back to the turn of the fourteenth and fifteenth centuries. However, after several alternations the church has lost, in large part, the original Gothic-Renaissance style. Inside the shrine there are Baroque altars and a baptistery. Besides, in Lubsza it is worthwhile to stop at the old school where Józef Lompa was a teacher.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Zrębice
    The church in Zrębice is one of the most picturesque, wooden monuments of the Polish Jura, located on the Wooden Architecture Trail of the Silesia province. The Zrębice parish has long a tradition. It was mentioned in lists of Peter’s pence as Sdrzambicze (the place, where the forest and shrubs were felled) as early as 1334. It is believed that the village was founded together with the fortified settlement of Olsztyn during the reign of Casmir the Great, in the first half of the fourteenth century. Jan Długosz described the Zrębice parish in the fifteenth century.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Częstochowa
    "Matches in the box labeled with a black cat are probably known to every household in Poland. But few know where and how they are manufactured. You will the answers to these questions in the Museum of the Production of Matches in Częstochowa. It is situated in the oldest, operating Polish match factory, whose traditions date back to 1882. In the museum you can see the whole process of production, an exhibition of sculptures made from one match, and even a documentary film of 1913!"
  • Cultural Heritage
    Woźniki
    Woźniki is a town located in the district of Lubliniec. Its main monument is the Church of St Valentine. It is a log cabin construction building with baroque furnishings. In the nineteenth century, Józef Lompa, a Silesian poet and preacher of Polish national consciousness, lived with his daughter in Woźnik, where he died. Lompa founded a public libraryin the town. He is buried in the cemetery at the Church of St. Valentine. There are also tombs of Silesian insurgents in this graveyard.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Częstochowa
    Budynek starej konduktorowni pochodzi z II poł. XIX w. Jest pozostałością kompleksu obiektów starego dworca Kolei Warszawsko-Wiedeńskiej, od 1846 r łączącej Częstochowę z Warszawą.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Częstochowa
    In Silesia, there are a few miniature parks, including the castles of the Kraków-Częstochowa Upland and the most famous buildings and monuments of the world. Among them, the Miniature Park of Sacral Monuments in Częstochowa is unique in terms of theme. Here, you can see 17 very faithful miniatures of the best-known Christian churches from around the world, including those from Spain, France, Italy, Turkey, Armenia, and the Holy Land. There is also a park of attractions for children.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Częstochowa
    The Archcathedral Basilica of the Holy Family - from 1992 on, the seat of the archbishop of Częstochowa - is one of the churches in Poland, which were built for the longest time. The first earthwork started in 1901 and the towers were consecrated in 1997. The size of the neo-Gothic church is impressive. The towers rise to more than 80 meters! Inside, among others, there are a beautiful altar, stained glass windows and a nice sounding organ.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Częstochowa
    The church of Saints Barbara and Andrew the Apostle is located in the vicinity of the monastery of Jasna Góra, with which its history is closely associated. According to tradition, in the fifteenth century, the picture of the Black Madonna was stolen, and the damaged picture was abandoned south of the walls of the monastery. It was at this site that a small church was erected in the seventeenth century. Its distinguishing feature is the cylindrical tower. The church is also known as the Sanctuary of the Hurt Icon of the Lady of Częstochowa.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Częstochowa
    The brewery in Częstochowa is probably the oldest industrial facility in the city. Admittedly, beer has been brewed at Jasna Góra from the sixteenth century onwards, but the first industrial brewery was opened in 1840. This brewery boomed in the early decades of the last century, when it was owned by Karol Szwede. We can see historic buildings from that time, including an old malt house and a water tower at Ogrodowa Street, next to the Cathedral of Częstochowa.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Częstochowa
    The Museum of the Archdiocese of Częstochowa is the youngest of its kind in Poland. It collects a number of monuments of religious art, which come from different ages, including around 100 paintings and 120 sculptures and vessels and vestments. Many of the objects exhibited here belong to the collection of monuments, which was started by Teodor Kubina, the first bishop of the Częstochowa diocese in 1925. Therefore, the museum now bears his name.