List of facilities and places in the neighbourhood
  • Cultural Heritage
    Włodowice
    In 1914, at the beginning of the bloody First World War, the area of the Polish Jura became the scene of a particularly fierce fighting of the allied German and Austro-Hungarian army against the Russians. Only in November 1914, around 70,000 German and Austrian soldiers were killed. The dead were buried in special military cemeteries, one of which we can see in Włodowice near Zawiercie.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Włodowice
    Włodowice, leżące na Wyżynie Krakowsko-Częstochowskiej, w powiecie zawierciańskim, to stara miejscowość - wzmiankowana już w 1220 r. Przez niemal pięć wieków posiadała prawa miejskie, które otrzymała w 1386 r., zaś utraciła w wyniku rosyjskich represji po powstaniu styczniowym. Obok zrujnowanego, XVII-wiecznego pałacu, w miejscowości wart obejrzenia jest kościół św. Bartłomieja, który wzniesiony został na początku XVIII w.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Włodowice
    Włodowice is both a village and the seat of the commune in the district of Zawiercie. There is a ruined chateau from the second half of the seventeenth century built by Stanisław Warszycki, Castellan of Kraków, and a very colorful character, famous for its numerous scandals. The mansion hosted, inter alia, Jan III Sobieski. It was repeatedly rebuilt in the following centuries. Unfortunately, the twentieth-century fires and neglect during the communist regime contributed significantly to its ruin.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Kotowice
    In the Kraków-Częstochowa Upland, there are numerous graves of soldiers from WW1 of the three clashing armies: the German, Austro-Hungarian and Russian. The first well-maintained war cemeteries were established already in the years 1917-1918. The largest necropolis can be found in a small village near Żarki - Kotowice. 1500 soldiers from all the fighting army, mostly Russians, Austrians and Germans are buried here.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Skarżyce
    The ruins of the knight castle "Bąkowiec" from the fourteenth and fifteenth centuries are located within the area of the holiday resort "Morsko", near the village of the same name. Next to the castle there are the two most important hiking trails of the Polish Jura – the red Trail of the Eagles' Nests and the blue Trail of the Jurassic Strongholds. A trip to the ruins of the castle can be combined with a visit to the nearby Rzędkowice and the Kroczyce Rocks.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Zawiercie
    The church of the Holy Trinity and and St Florian in Zawiercie Skarżyce is one of the parish churches in Zawiercie. It is a distinctive consrtuction with three chapes in the form of a rotunda, which symbolize the Holy Trinity. In 1999, the church was raised by archbishop Stanisław Nowak, metropolitan bishop of Częstochowa, to the rank of the Sanctuary of Our Lady of Skarżyce.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Bobolice
    The Bobolice castle is located on a picturesque, rocky hill. It is one of the most famous fortresses lying along the Trail of the Eagles' Nests, in the center of the Kraków-Częstochowa Upland. The castle is situated less than a half hour walk from the twin fortress in Mirów. There are also trails for longer hikes towards the area of the Rzędkowice and Kroczycze Rocks and other attractive places in the Upland. The castle is an example of the building which after centuries of being a ruin was rebuilt in modern times.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Mirów
    Undoubtedly, it is one of the most beautiful monuments on the Trail of Eagles' Nests. A monumental castle building lies on a hill. For some its shape resembles a boat. In spite of many years of being in ruins it is still fairly impressive. The Mirowska fortress is one of the oldest fortifications of the Kraków-Częstochowa Upland. We know that a stone watchtower was erected in the mid-fourteenth century, during the reign of Casimir the Great.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Kroczyce
    The beginnings of the parish in Kroczyce date back (according to written documents) to the twelfth century. Before the erection of the present brick church, there were two successive wooden churches here (though their history is not well known). One was destroyed by a fire. The other wooden building was founded by Piotr Firlej in 1427 as a votive foundation for the safe return after the Battle of Grunewald in 1410. The present church comes from the nineteenth century.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Łutowiec
    Łutowiec is an inconspicuous village (formerly known as Oltowiec or Holtowiec). It is an old village, mentioned for the first time at the end of the fourteenth century. A medieval watchtower, of which remains have been preserved on one of the rock outcroppings, is one of the most mysterious objects of this kind in the Jura. It was probably founded in the fourteenth century, but already in the next century, it became abandoned and was beginning to fall into ruin.