Lista obiektów i miejsc w pobliżu
  • Cultural Heritage
    Częstochowa
    The first Gothic church of Saint Sigismund in Częstochowa was built as a parish church, probably in the first half of the fifteenth century. It served as a parish church only until the end of the nineteenth century. Its today's look is the result of an eighteenth-century reconstruction. At that time, it was rebuilt in the Baroque style. It is a three-nave church with two towers at the front. In the adjacent seventeenthcentury monastery building, there is now a parsonage.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Suliszowice
    From the Ostrężnika go to Suliszowice. Here, at the top of the lonely ostańca, you can see the ruins of the former fortress. Was built probably at the end of the 14th century, during the reign of King Casimir III the great by then-Mayor suliszowieckiego. Access to structures in the shape of the tower was only possible by using ladders.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Częstochowa
    At the beginning of the nineteenth century, there were two towns – Częstochowa and Nowa Częstochowa, also called Częstochówka, both situated at Jasna Góra. They merged into one urban organism in 1826. The new, fourth most populated city of Congress Poland needed a town hall. It was erected between 1828 and 1836, according to the design of Franciszek Reinstein. After the rebuilding in 1908, it features the Eclectic style. Currently, it houses the Częstochowa Museum.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Częstochowa
    The Avenue of the Blessed Virgin Mary, also known simply as "Aleje" – the Avenues, is the main and elegant street of Częstochowa. Traditionally the entire artery is divided into the First, Second and Third Avenues. Between the two-lane roadways, there is a promenade, along which numerous pilgrimages head for the Jasna Góra monastery. Along the avenue we will see a number of old houses built predominately in the Classicist style.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Częstochowa
    One of the Częstochowa sanctuaries is the church of the Divine Mercy, also known as the Valley of the Divine Mercy. It is located at the western foot of Jasna Góra. It is one of the younger centers of worship. It was built in the first years after World War II, when the Pallottines built a monastic house and a church on the site of an old brickyard. In the following years, a painting of the Merciful Christ, painted according to the vision of Saint Sister Faustina, was placed in the church.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Częstochowa
    The Stanisław Staszic Park in Częstochowa is one of the two parks at the foot of Jasna Góra which are located towards the east of the monastery. Their boundaries were drawn in the first half of the nineteenth century. Currently, the Staszic Park has over 5 hectares, and there are monumental trees, here. The pride of the park is numerous monuments and buildings erected on the occasion of the Industry and Agriculture Exhibition in Częstochowa in 1909.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Częstochowa
    In 1909, the Exhibition of Industry and Agriculture was held in Częstochowa. It was the largest event of its kind in the Polish lands before the the First World War. Within a few months, 660 exhibitors presented their products to about half a million visitors. A reminder of that exhibition is a few halls which can be seen in the Staszica Park at Jasna Góra.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Częstochowa
    The church of Saint James in Częstochowa has an interesting history. Originally, there was a sixteenth-century chapel of the same patron, and in its place, a brick church was built in the following century. During the partitions, on the site of the demolished chapel, tsarist authorities erected an Orthodox church of Saints Cyril and Methodius, which was somewhat a demonstration of power. After being returned to the parish of Saint James, the building was rebuilt, but has retained the characteristic features of the neo-Byzantine style.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Częstochowa
    "The Museum of Ore Mining in Częstochowa is one of the places in Poland where you can learn about traditional methods of mining iron ore in natural conditions. It is housed in the underground corridors hollowed out beneath the Częstochowa Stanisław Staszic Park. Besides the old corridors, we can see specialized machinery and equipment. The opening of the exhibition took place in 2008. The museum is a branch of the Częstochowa Museum."