List of facilities and places in the neighbourhood
  • Cultural Heritage
    Wierbka
    The village of Wierbka lies in the commune of Pilica, in the district of Zawiercie. The German family of the Moes came here in the mid-nineteenth century. They contributed to the development of the surrounding area, and in 1880, they built an Eclectic palace. It was taken from the owners in in 1945, and later, at the end of the communist regime, it burned down and has henceforth been in ruins. The remains of the palace park with old trees testify to the former glory of the property.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Ogrodzieniec
    The size of the cave opening attests that the local population has known about the cave for a long time.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Bydlin
    Village Leeds was first mentioned in the year 1120. In the year 1388 Bydlin obtained city rights, which lost then in 1540.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Udórz
    Although not much has been preserved of the old, medieval castle of Udórz, it is undoubtedly one of the most mysterious places of the Polish Jura. The crumbled parts of the walls, beautifully situated in the forest, are a remnant of the building whose origin and founder remain a matter for conjecture. Studies have shown the castle was probably not completed and the work on the construction was interrupted.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Giebło
    Giebło is located in the commune of Ogrodzieniec, on the road from Żerkowice to Pilica. It is an old town, mentioned for the first time in the written sources at the beginning of the fourteenth century. There are a manor house in the historic park and a Romanesque, twelfth-thirteenth century parish church of Saint James, surrounded by a wall. Archaeologists have discovered remains of a castle in the village. There are numerous roadside chapels and crosses, and an interesting bakery named „Podpłomyk”, cultivating medieval traditions.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Giebło
    The parish church of Saint James the Apostle in Giebło is one of the oldest churches in this part of Poland. It is dated from the twelfth century. The Romanesque church is an example of the characteristic monuments erected in the early centuries of the Polish statehood. The church survived unchanged until the early twentieth century, when it was rebuilt, but the body, in large part, has retained its original look.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Udórz
    In Udórz, a village north of Wolbrom (near the border of the provinces of Silesia and Lesser Poland), there is a monument to the soldiers of the battalion "Umbrella” of the Home Army, who perished July 11, 1944, during the retreat from Kraków, after a failed assassination attempt on Wilhelm Koppe, a higher commander of the SS and the Police in the General Government. Two soldiers were killed in action. Three wounded were murdered a few days later in Kraków, after a brutal interrogation.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Podzamcze
    In Podzamcze, on the road leading from Ogrodzieniec to Pilica, in a charming place, there is one of the Marian shrines. In this place, the cult of the Mother of God goes back to the first half of the nineteenth century, when Saint Mary appeared on the rock to one of the local residents. The chapel itself is a new object and dates back to 2000. The solemn ceremony of the foundation of the Shrine of Our Lady of the Rock climbing took place in 2002.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Zamek Ogrodzieniec to największa warownia Wyżyny Krakowsko-Częstochowskiej, a także, bez wątpienia, jeden najpiękniejszych zamków w Polsce. Znajduje się na Górze Janowskiego w środkowej części Wyżyny. Majestatycznym ruinom malowniczości dodają fantazyjne formy skalne, z wykorzystaniem których postawiono mury budowli. Zamek leży w centralnej części Jury i jest łatwo dostępny komunikacyjnie. Obok przebiega czerwono znakowany Szlak Orlich Gniazd.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Podzamcze
    Ogrodzieniec Castle is the largest castle of the Kraków-Częstochowa Upland and, undoubtedly, one the most beautiful castles in Poland. It is located on Mount Janowski at the heart of the Upland. Fantastic rock formations, which were used to construct the castle, make the majestic ruins even more picturesque. The castle is situated in the central part of the Polish Jura and it is easy to get there. The red marked Eagles' Nests Trail runs nearby.