List of facilities and places in the neighbourhood
  • Cultural Heritage
    Ogrodzieniec
    The commune of Ogrodzieniec prides itself on the most Ogrodzieniec powerful “eagle’s nest” - the fortress of "Ogrodzieniec" in Podzamcze. In the same village and the commune there are other very mysterious ruins such as the Powder Factory "Zawiercie". The plant was launched by the Russian Society of Gunpowder Production and Sales in Saint Petersburg in 1891. The plant manufactured blasting powder for the mining industry. It was destroyed during the First World War. To this day, remnants of the walls and cellars have been preserved on the site.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Żarnowiec
    Żarnowiec lies on the Pilica river, in the north-eastern part of Silesia. This place has a very interesting history. The present-day village was once a town until the Russian repression after the January Uprising. Żarnowiec is also an example of “a wandering settlement”, which changed its location in the fourteenth century. Its urban layout comes from the time, when it was founded again as a town by Casimir the Great.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Zawiercie
    The church of Saint Nicolas in today's Kromołów Zawiercie ( it was once a separate town) is the oldest church in the city. It is located at Jurajska St, which is part of the road from Zawiercie to Kroczyce. We do not know when exactly the first was built in Kromołów The church of St Nicholas is considered to be probably the third on this site. Its present-day form comes from the sixteenth century, when the church was reconstructed.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Żarnowiec
    Żarnowiec is located on the boundary between the Miechów Upland and the Lelów Threshold, on the Pilica river, in the north-eastern part of Silesia. The erection of the church in the parish (the other church is located in so-called Stary Żarnowiec) is associated with King Casimir the Great. Fr. Maksymilian Binkiewicz, a blessed martyr of the Second World War, who was murdered by the Nazis in Dachau, came from this village.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Zawiercie
    For centuries, Kromołów was a small town, and most recently it has become one of the districts of Zawiercie. Among a few monuments, there is a Jewish cemetery at Piaskowa Street. The cemetery was established around the mid-eighteenth century. To date, nearly 1,000 tombs and a mortuary have been preserved within an area of about 2.2 hectares. The graves are in the shape of typical tombstones with inscriptions in Hebrew, Yiddish and Polish.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Zawiercie
    Shortly after the outbreak of WW1, the Polish Jura areas became the scene of fierce fighting between the three armies of Germany and Austro-Hungary and Russia. Particularly bloody battles took place in November 1914. Thousands of the killed soldiers were then buried on numerous war cemeteries. One of them can be found in Kromołów, a district of Zawiercie, nearly 130 soldiers are buried.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Zawiercie
    The Warta, the third longest river in Polish, has its origin in Kromołów, a present-day district of Zawiercie. There is a chapel of Saint John of Nepomuk at the source. It has a history dating back to the sixteenth century, but the current patron saint is associated with the events of the eighteenth century. The cult of the fourteenth-century saint, who came from Bohemia, quickly spread to the neighboring countries. As saying goes: where Saint John of Nepomuk is worshipped, there is Central Europe.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Zawiercie
    The church of the Holy Trinity and and St Florian in Zawiercie Skarżyce is one of the parish churches in Zawiercie. It is a distinctive consrtuction with three chapes in the form of a rotunda, which symbolize the Holy Trinity. In 1999, the church was raised by archbishop Stanisław Nowak, metropolitan bishop of Częstochowa, to the rank of the Sanctuary of Our Lady of Skarżyce.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Kroczyce
    The beginnings of the parish in Kroczyce date back (according to written documents) to the twelfth century. Before the erection of the present brick church, there were two successive wooden churches here (though their history is not well known). One was destroyed by a fire. The other wooden building was founded by Piotr Firlej in 1427 as a votive foundation for the safe return after the Battle of Grunewald in 1410. The present church comes from the nineteenth century.