List of facilities and places in the neighbourhood
  • Cultural Heritage
    Woźniki
    Woźniki, a small town situated on the north-eastern edge of historical Silesia, can boast of the history dating back to medieval times. Thanks to it, in the town, we can see a medieval urban layout with a centrally located market square and a grid plan of streets and residential quarters. The pride of the market square is a well-maintained old parish church and the nineteenth-century, neo-Classicist town hall.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Olsztyn
    It is a small cave with a fairly large and spacious chamber is located just behind the opening.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Olsztyn
    A large cave entrance encourage people to penetrate this cave as early as in the Palaeolithic.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Częstochowa
    The Jewish cemetery in Częstochowa is located in Dąbie, a district in the vicinity of the Steel Mill "Częstochowa". The cemetery covers an area of about 8.5 ha. There are 5000 surviving tombstones dating back to 5000 in the graveyard, which is one of the largest in the Polish lands. The first burial in the cemetery took place in the late eighteenth and early nineteenth centuries. The last official funeral was held in 1970. Among the typical graves there are, among others, conspicuous tombstones including that of Rabbi Nachum Asch or the ohel of Izaak Mayer Justman.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Częstochowa
    In Częstochowa, at Krakowska Street, there is an eclectic small palace, built in 1909. It is the former palace of Jean Motte, co-owner of a French textile factory. The usual practice of nineteenth-century entrepreneurs was to erect their residences near the company, which was from their own, but more frequently from borrowed funds. Before the First World War, the Polish Kingdom, including Częstochowa, actively participated in the development of the Russian economy. In Częstochowa, they assigned pieces of land for the houses of the French residing in Częstochowa.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Zrębice
    Kapliczka oraz cudowne źródełko (studnia), z którego woda miała służyć jako lekarstwo jest wyrazem wdzięczności mieszkańców dla św. Idziego. Kapliczka znajduje się na trasie zielonego szlaku nazwanego „Dróżki św. Idziego”, który biegnie z Olsztyna do Zrębic.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Cynków
    The church of Saint Lawrence in Cynków (near Koziegłowy) was built in the seventeenth century. What fairly unusual, we know the name of the builder. It was Walenty Ruray, a carpenter from Pyskowice. The wooden building was erected in a special vertical-post log construction. That is the only church in Silesia built in this way. The walls and roof are covered with shingle. Above the roof, there is a metal turret.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Częstochowa
    "The Museum of Railway History in Częstochowa was founded in 2001, and it was originally housed in a room located on the first floor of the Stradom Częstochowa railroad station. The museum will be taken on a journey into the past and see, for example, an old ticket office with urnishings, old railroad uniforms, documents and photographs, lamps, rails, maps or plates of steam engines and other machinery. The museum is located on the Industrial Monuments Route of the Silesian Voivodeship."
  • Cultural Heritage
    Częstochowa
    Residents of Częstochowa and visitors to the city can admire images of the sky and astronomical phenomena at the most modern planetary in Poland, operating at the Institute of Physics of the Jan Długosz Academy. The building itself was erected in the years 1990-2000, but a digital projector was brought to Częstochowa not until 2005. Science lovers can see here fascinating shows, as well as participate in an unusual physics lesson.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Lubsza
    There are two important monuments in Lubsza, which is otherwise one of the oldest settlements of Upper Silesia. One is an eighteenth-century house in which Józef Lompa lived, the other - a school established by him in 1820. Lompa lived in Lubsza since moving in here with his first wife in 1819. He worked as an organist and teacher. He also began on a wider scale his social, writing, translation and ethnographic activities. In 1851, as a result of the harassment by the Prussian authorities, he left the village.