Search engine - Cultural Heritage
Search engine
Search area on the map
Wybierz pozycje
<< less
Download attractions
Number of elements:

Search results

  • Cultural Heritage
    Częstochowa
    The Museum of Halina Poświatowska in Częstochowa is located in the house at 23 Częstochowska Street. She is one of the greatest Polish poets of the twentieth century. The main theme of her poems is passing of time and love. The museum is arranged in the family home, where there are numerous rare memorabilia such as her typewriter, letters, photographs and documents. The collection is completed with important figures in her life, and, of course, the ubiquitous poems.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Częstochowa
    Zdzislaw Beksiński is one of the most renowned Polish artists of the second half of the twentieth century. His art works can be found in numerous galleries and museums around the world. One of the few places in Poland where you can see dozens of the artist's works is Częstochowa, namely the Museum of Zdzislaw Beksiński in the City Art Gallery. The works presented here come from the collection of the artist’s friends - Anna and Piotr Dmochowski.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Częstochowa
    In the Jasna Góra Treasury in Częstochowa, there are begging and thanksgiving offerings which were made to Our Lady by pilgrims who have been visiting the shrine from the late Middle Ages to modern times. Among the votive offerings, we can see both masterpieces of art - royal or papal gifts - and modest items bearing the emotional value. The oldest ones are from the fourteenth century.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Częstochowa
    “Fortalitium marianum” – this was the name given in 1639 by King Władysław IV Vasa to the fortress of Jasna Góra, which is one of the many fortresses defending the borders of the Polish Republic.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Częstochowa
    The Museum of the 600th Anniversary of Jasna Góra is one of the several exhibitions at the monastery of Częstochowa. The museum, located near the chapel of the Miraculous Image, in the premises of the former printing office, which operated here from the seventeenth century to the time of its closure by the Russian occupants in 1864. The exhibition, consisting of various departments, was opened in 1982. The idea of creating the museum was associated with the jubilee celebration of the foundation of the monastery.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Częstochowa
    The Museum of the Archdiocese of Częstochowa is the youngest of its kind in Poland. It collects a number of monuments of religious art, which come from different ages, including around 100 paintings and 120 sculptures and vessels and vestments. Many of the objects exhibited here belong to the collection of monuments, which was started by Teodor Kubina, the first bishop of the Częstochowa diocese in 1925. Therefore, the museum now bears his name.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Częstochowa
    The Museum of the Imagination in Częstochowa is an author’s gallery of Tomasz Sętowski, a popular painter and sculptor, sometimes numbered by critics to the genre known as "magical realism." The decor of the museum is to introduce the visitor into the world of the artist's imagination, which is dominated by visions of odd figures and things of fantastic worlds. The works of Sętowski can be found in many Polish and foreign collections.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Częstochowa
    The Museum of Coins and Medals Commemorating John Paul II in Częstochowa was established at the initiative of Krzysztof Witkowski, chairman of President Electronics Poland. The museum is a kind of a votive offering for the recovery after a stroke. It is also an homage paid to John Paul II. There are 11 000 exhibits in the collections including 2 000 coins.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Kamienica Polska
    Muzeum Regionalne ma na celu zachować historię Kamienicy Polskiej, chociaż w niewielkim stopniu ukazać początki osadnictwa i sposób życia ludzi - ich tradycje, kulturę, charakterystyczne obyczaje. Istotnym elementem jest tematyka związana z tkactwem i kopalniami rud żelaza. Kamienica Polska w latach 20., 30. aż do 90. XIX wieku była liczącym się w Królestwie Polskim ośrodkiem produkcji tkackiej.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Złoty Potok
    One of the monuments of Złoty Potok associated with Zygmunt Krasiński is a Classicist mansion built by Wincenty Krasiński, poet’s father, in the first half of the nineteenth century. Wincenty Krasiński bought this property in 1851. Zygmunt, one of our three national poets, stayed here twice. During his second visit in 1857, he learned the area quite well, which resulted in giving certain names to the surrounding objects. Currently, the mansion houses a museum.
Silesian Flavours Culinary Trail
Częstochowa
The restaurant is located in a city centre, in historic cellars of City Hall.
Częstochowa
Two-storey restaurant tempts with its own beer and exceptional cuisine with well-known regional dishes such as buttermil... More>>
Kroczyce
The restaurant is located in a picturesque area of Krakow-Czestochowa Upland and offers traditional Polish, Jurassic an... More>>
Nearby
Częstochowa
The Museum of Halina Poświatowska in Częstochowa is located in the house at 23 Częstochowska Street. She is one of the greatest Polish poets of the twentieth century. The main theme of her poems is passing of time and love. The museum is arranged in the family home, where there are numerous rare memorabilia such as her typewriter, letters, photographs and documents. The collection is completed with important figures in her life, and, of course, the ubiquitous poems.
Częstochowa
"While in Częstochowa, it is worth visiting the Prof. Wacław Sakwa Gallery of Art Casting. Here, we will see a collection of antique and contemporary art castings made in various techniques. The most precious exhibit in the collection is a fifteenth-century bell. Prof. Wacław Sakwa, the patron of the gallery, served, among others, as rector of the Silesian University of Technology."
Częstochowa
While in Częstochowa, it is worth visiting the Prof. Wacław Sakwa Gallery of Art Casting. Here, we will see a collection of antique and contemporary art castings made in various techniques. The most precious exhibit in the collection is a fifteenth-century bell. Prof. Wacław Sakwa, the patron of the gallery, served, among others, as rector of the Silesian University of Technology.
Częstochowa
The church of Saint James in Częstochowa has an interesting history. Originally, there was a sixteenth-century chapel of the same patron, and in its place, a brick church was built in the following century. During the partitions, on the site of the demolished chapel, tsarist authorities erected an Orthodox church of Saints Cyril and Methodius, which was somewhat a demonstration of power. After being returned to the parish of Saint James, the building was rebuilt, but has retained the characteristic features of the neo-Byzantine style.
Częstochowa
The Avenue of the Blessed Virgin Mary, also known simply as "Aleje" – the Avenues, is the main and elegant street of Częstochowa. Traditionally the entire artery is divided into the First, Second and Third Avenues. Between the two-lane roadways, there is a promenade, along which numerous pilgrimages head for the Jasna Góra monastery. Along the avenue we will see a number of old houses built predominately in the Classicist style.
See more