List of facilities and places in the neighbourhood
  • Cultural Heritage
    Mirów
    Undoubtedly, it is one of the most beautiful monuments on the Trail of Eagles' Nests. A monumental castle building lies on a hill. For some its shape resembles a boat. In spite of many years of being in ruins it is still fairly impressive. The Mirowska fortress is one of the oldest fortifications of the Kraków-Częstochowa Upland. We know that a stone watchtower was erected in the mid-fourteenth century, during the reign of Casimir the Great.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Żarki
    In the small town of Żarki, located in the district of Myszków, in the Kraków-Częstochowa Upland, there is a unique group of dozens of historic barns. Built of limestone, the buildings lie in the eastern part of the town, close to the market popular across the region. They were built in the late 30s of the last century, on the site of the earlier wooden constructions, which had burned down in fires. In one of the barns a regular event called "Kupiecki Sąsiek”, which can be roughly translated as “merchant fair” is held.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Żarki
    Żarki is a small town in the Polish Jura, where a large Jewish community lived for centuries. The early followers of the Jewish religion had come here as early as the Middle Ages. They left behind them only a memory and cemeteries. The best preserved graveyard is situated at Polna Street. There are about 700 tombstones on the cemetery. The oldest gravestones date from the first half of the nineteenth century. They are decorated with inscriptions and rarely seen, symbolic, imaginations.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Żarki
    In the nineteenth century Żarki, a small town in the Kraków-Częstochowa Upland was largely inhabited by Jews. The new synagogue, standing at the current Moniuszki Street, has been preserved to this day. It was erected in the Moorish-Romanesque style in the second half of the nineteenth. During the Second World War, it was devastated, but not destroyed. Today, it houses a cultural center
  • Cultural Heritage
    Żarki
    The church of Saints Simon and Jude Thaddeus in Żarki was built in the early sixteenth century. In the early years of the eighteenth, it burned down, but was rebuilt (in a slightly amended form) thanks to the efforts of the Męciński family, the then owners. The church was again rebuilt in the years 1846-1847. Today, it is an Eclectic building with a tower covered with a Baroque dome. Inside, there is a Baroque high altar with the image of the Transfiguration.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Żarki
    To this day, Żarki, a town located in the Polish Jura, has retained an old charm of small towns. Żarki was granted town privileges at the turn of the fourteenth and fifteenth centuries. Its urban layout with a centrally located, trapezoid marketplace and streets running out of its corners come from that time. An unusual element of the landscape of Żarki is stone barns standing in the eastern part of the town.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Żarki
    Żarki is a small town in the district Myszków. It is the seat of the urban-rural commune. Żarki is an old, medieval town, which, according to the known written sources, received town privileges before the year 1382. In 1406, Żarki was again granted privileges by King Ladislaus Jagiello. In the seventeenth century, due to a plague, the town changed its location. On the site of a once existing wooden chapel, there are stone ruins of the eighteenth-century church of Saint Stanislaus, which are preserved and open to the public.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Siedlec
    Miejscowość Siedlec, położona w gminie Janów (ok. 25 km na południowy wschód od Częstochowy), wymieniona została pierwszy raz w 1473 r. przez Jana Długosza. Znana jest z kilku osobliwości przyciągających turystów. Obok coraz bardziej popularnej ostatnio Pustyni Siedleckiej zainteresowanie wzbudza także jedno z tutejszych wzniesień. Nosi ono wdzięczną nazwę Dupka i kryje w sobie jaskinię związaną z ciekawą legendą.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Janów
    The church in Janów is a building dating from the years 1921-1923. This is the third, successive church standing on the same site. It was erected in the neo-Baroque style. Previously, there was a wooden church from 1709, here, then replaced with a brick one from 1878. These buildings were not lucky, as was Janów itself, burned by the Russian army during the January Uprising, and later shelled by the Germans during the First World War, and finally devastated by two fires in the first half of the twentieth century.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Żarki
    Żarki, a small town situated in the district of Myszków, is the seat of an urban-rural commune. The today's church of Saint Barbara is a building, which replaced a wooden chapel, standing here at least since the end of the sixteenth century. The walls of the church were built of broken limestone probably in the late seventeenth century. They are plastered today. Originally, it was an infirmary church. Inside, there are eighteenth-century furnishings with three altars.