Lista obiektów i miejsc w pobliżu
  • Cultural Heritage
    Częstochowa
    One of the Częstochowa sanctuaries is the church of the Divine Mercy, also known as the Valley of the Divine Mercy. It is located at the western foot of Jasna Góra. It is one of the younger centers of worship. It was built in the first years after World War II, when the Pallottines built a monastic house and a church on the site of an old brickyard. In the following years, a painting of the Merciful Christ, painted according to the vision of Saint Sister Faustina, was placed in the church.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Częstochowa
    At the beginning of the nineteenth century, there were two towns – Częstochowa and Nowa Częstochowa, also called Częstochówka, both situated at Jasna Góra. They merged into one urban organism in 1826. The new, fourth most populated city of Congress Poland needed a town hall. It was erected between 1828 and 1836, according to the design of Franciszek Reinstein. After the rebuilding in 1908, it features the Eclectic style. Currently, it houses the Częstochowa Museum.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Częstochowa
    The church of Saint James in Częstochowa has an interesting history. Originally, there was a sixteenth-century chapel of the same patron, and in its place, a brick church was built in the following century. During the partitions, on the site of the demolished chapel, tsarist authorities erected an Orthodox church of Saints Cyril and Methodius, which was somewhat a demonstration of power. After being returned to the parish of Saint James, the building was rebuilt, but has retained the characteristic features of the neo-Byzantine style.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Częstochowa
    The Avenue of the Blessed Virgin Mary, also known simply as "Aleje" – the Avenues, is the main and elegant street of Częstochowa. Traditionally the entire artery is divided into the First, Second and Third Avenues. Between the two-lane roadways, there is a promenade, along which numerous pilgrimages head for the Jasna Góra monastery. Along the avenue we will see a number of old houses built predominately in the Classicist style.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Częstochowa
    The Museum of Halina Poświatowska in Częstochowa is located in the house at 23 Częstochowska Street. She is one of the greatest Polish poets of the twentieth century. The main theme of her poems is passing of time and love. The museum is arranged in the family home, where there are numerous rare memorabilia such as her typewriter, letters, photographs and documents. The collection is completed with important figures in her life, and, of course, the ubiquitous poems.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Częstochowa
    The Cemetery of Saint Roch in Częstochowa is the oldest graveyard in the city, dating back to the first half of the seventeenth century. In the eighteenth century, the cemetery was enlarged. Among the tombstones, we can see many historic monuments from the nineteenth century. The church of Saints Sebastian and Roch, located at the cemetery a building consecrated in 1680. It stands on the site of an earlier chapel. The cemetery and the church lie in the western part of the city, called Częstochówka.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Częstochowa
    Residents of Częstochowa and visitors to the city can admire images of the sky and astronomical phenomena at the most modern planetary in Poland, operating at the Institute of Physics of the Jan Długosz Academy. The building itself was erected in the years 1990-2000, but a digital projector was brought to Częstochowa not until 2005. Science lovers can see here fascinating shows, as well as participate in an unusual physics lesson.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Częstochowa
    "The Museum of Railway History in Częstochowa was founded in 2001, and it was originally housed in a room located on the first floor of the Stradom Częstochowa railroad station. The museum will be taken on a journey into the past and see, for example, an old ticket office with urnishings, old railroad uniforms, documents and photographs, lamps, rails, maps or plates of steam engines and other machinery. The museum is located on the Industrial Monuments Route of the Silesian Voivodeship."
  • Cultural Heritage
    Częstochowa
    Budynek starej konduktorowni pochodzi z II poł. XIX w. Jest pozostałością kompleksu obiektów starego dworca Kolei Warszawsko-Wiedeńskiej, od 1846 r łączącej Częstochowę z Warszawą.