Lista obiektów i miejsc w pobliżu
  • Cultural Heritage
    Częstochowa
    "While in Częstochowa, it is worth visiting the Prof. Wacław Sakwa Gallery of Art Casting. Here, we will see a collection of antique and contemporary art castings made in various techniques. The most precious exhibit in the collection is a fifteenth-century bell. Prof. Wacław Sakwa, the patron of the gallery, served, among others, as rector of the Silesian University of Technology."
  • Cultural Heritage
    Częstochowa
    While in Częstochowa, it is worth visiting the Prof. Wacław Sakwa Gallery of Art Casting. Here, we will see a collection of antique and contemporary art castings made in various techniques. The most precious exhibit in the collection is a fifteenth-century bell. Prof. Wacław Sakwa, the patron of the gallery, served, among others, as rector of the Silesian University of Technology.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Częstochowa
    "Matches in the box labeled with a black cat are probably known to every household in Poland. But few know where and how they are manufactured. You will the answers to these questions in the Museum of the Production of Matches in Częstochowa. It is situated in the oldest, operating Polish match factory, whose traditions date back to 1882. In the museum you can see the whole process of production, an exhibition of sculptures made from one match, and even a documentary film of 1913!"
  • Cultural Heritage
    Częstochowa
    The brewery in Częstochowa is probably the oldest industrial facility in the city. Admittedly, beer has been brewed at Jasna Góra from the sixteenth century onwards, but the first industrial brewery was opened in 1840. This brewery boomed in the early decades of the last century, when it was owned by Karol Szwede. We can see historic buildings from that time, including an old malt house and a water tower at Ogrodowa Street, next to the Cathedral of Częstochowa.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Częstochowa
    The Archcathedral Basilica of the Holy Family - from 1992 on, the seat of the archbishop of Częstochowa - is one of the churches in Poland, which were built for the longest time. The first earthwork started in 1901 and the towers were consecrated in 1997. The size of the neo-Gothic church is impressive. The towers rise to more than 80 meters! Inside, among others, there are a beautiful altar, stained glass windows and a nice sounding organ.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Częstochowa
    The first Gothic church of Saint Sigismund in Częstochowa was built as a parish church, probably in the first half of the fifteenth century. It served as a parish church only until the end of the nineteenth century. Its today's look is the result of an eighteenth-century reconstruction. At that time, it was rebuilt in the Baroque style. It is a three-nave church with two towers at the front. In the adjacent seventeenthcentury monastery building, there is now a parsonage.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Częstochowa
    In Częstochowa, at Krakowska Street, there is an eclectic small palace, built in 1909. It is the former palace of Jean Motte, co-owner of a French textile factory. The usual practice of nineteenth-century entrepreneurs was to erect their residences near the company, which was from their own, but more frequently from borrowed funds. Before the First World War, the Polish Kingdom, including Częstochowa, actively participated in the development of the Russian economy. In Częstochowa, they assigned pieces of land for the houses of the French residing in Częstochowa.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Częstochowa
    The Museum of the Imagination in Częstochowa is an author’s gallery of Tomasz Sętowski, a popular painter and sculptor, sometimes numbered by critics to the genre known as "magical realism." The decor of the museum is to introduce the visitor into the world of the artist's imagination, which is dominated by visions of odd figures and things of fantastic worlds. The works of Sętowski can be found in many Polish and foreign collections.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Częstochowa
    The Museum of Coins and Medals Commemorating John Paul II in Częstochowa was established at the initiative of Krzysztof Witkowski, chairman of President Electronics Poland. The museum is a kind of a votive offering for the recovery after a stroke. It is also an homage paid to John Paul II. There are 11 000 exhibits in the collections including 2 000 coins.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Częstochowa
    The Sanctuary of the Blood of Christ in Częstochowa is one of the youngest in Poland. The local facilities include the Mission House of Saint Lawrence, the Chapel of the Mother and Queen of the Most Precious Blood and the paths with a complex of the chapels, built in the last decade of the twentieth century. The cult of the Blood of Christ is a legend about Saint Longinus, a Roman soldier who pierced Christ's side with a spear, and then converted into Christianity.