Category: Gastronomy

Tavern U Stas'

street Paderewskiego 114
42-400 Zawiercie
Kraków-Częstochowa Jura
in the city/town
General Information
: tavern
: Old Polish
Contact data
: 32 671 53 55
: 32 671 53 56
: whole year

Nie jesteś zalogowany. Aby skorzystać z planera podróży musisz się zalogować.

Przejdź do strony logowania.

City audio tours
Zapraszamy na audiowycieczkę po Zawierciu!
Silesian Flavours Culinary Trail
The restaurant is located in a picturesque area of Krakow-Czestochowa Upland and offers traditional Polish, Jurassic an... More>>
The beginning of the restaurant operation Złoty Garniec Inn is 2013. From the very beginning, the restaurant owners focu... More>>
Shortly after the outbreak of WW1, the Polish Jura areas became the scene of fierce fighting between the three armies of Germany and Austro-Hungary and Russia. Particularly bloody battles took place in November 1914. Thousands of the killed soldiers were then buried on numerous war cemeteries. One of them can be found in Kromołów, a district of Zawiercie, nearly 130 soldiers are buried.
For centuries, Kromołów was a small town, and most recently it has become one of the districts of Zawiercie. Among a few monuments, there is a Jewish cemetery at Piaskowa Street. The cemetery was established around the mid-eighteenth century. To date, nearly 1,000 tombs and a mortuary have been preserved within an area of about 2.2 hectares. The graves are in the shape of typical tombstones with inscriptions in Hebrew, Yiddish and Polish.
The mansion called the Szymanski’s palace is an impressive villa of the director of the Joint-Stock Zawiercie Society (TAZ). It was built in the late nineteenth and early twentieth century. The building was an integral part of the workers’ housing estate belonging to the Society. The villa was designed by architect Warsaw, Hugo Kuder. In the early 1990s the mansion was registered as monument. Stanislaw Szymanski, the general director of the TAZ, was also a social activist and philanthropist.
The train station in Zawiercie is the oldest building connected with the collective transport in this city. It was built on along the Warsaw–Vienna railway. The first, wooden station building was erected here in 1872. The brick building was put up in less than twenty years later, in 1890, but it was much smaller than the present building. The latter was built in the years 1910-1913, and it was intended to celebrate the 300th anniversary of the reign of the Romanov dynasty in Russia.
The Warta, the third longest river in Polish, has its origin in Kromołów, a present-day district of Zawiercie. There is a chapel of Saint John of Nepomuk at the source. It has a history dating back to the sixteenth century, but the current patron saint is associated with the events of the eighteenth century. The cult of the fourteenth-century saint, who came from Bohemia, quickly spread to the neighboring countries. As saying goes: where Saint John of Nepomuk is worshipped, there is Central Europe.
See more