“Fortalitium marianum” – this was the name given in 1639 by King Władysław IV Vasa to the fortress of Jasna Góra, which is one of the many fortresses defending the borders of the Polish Republic.
St. Roch's stronghold [the Morsztyns' stronghold], which constitutes a part of the fortress was built in its north-west corner in 1624-1639. Between 1678 and 1681, due to the development of artillery-related warfare, the stronghold was improved by surrounding it with broader walls. During the restoration works carried out in the 1990s, fragments of the original stronghold were uncovered and secured, which created an exhibition area for the collection of arms and national souvenirs.
Tours available every day:
from 1st March to 31st October, from 9 AM to 5 PM
in the remaining months from 9 AM to 4 PM
In the New Year, Easter, Corpus Christi, All Saints' Day, All Souls' Day, Christmas Eve and Christmas the exhibitions are closed.
Tour time – about 1 hour.
The route is electrically illuminated.
The route can be accessed by people with disabilities.
Guided or unguided tours.
The entire tour is described in detail.
Dressing appropriately for places of worship is recommended.
Nie jesteś zalogowany. Aby skorzystać z planera podróży musisz się zalogować.