The beginning of the restaurant operation Złoty Garniec Inn is 2013. From the very beginning, the restaurant owners focu...
The beginning of the restaurant operation Złoty Garniec Inn is 2013. From the very beginning, the restaurant owners focused on traditional Polish cuisine based on healthy regional products. The restaurant's specialty is traditional Polish cuisine, which is appreciated by both local restaurant guests and tourist groups from around the world. All dishes are cooked based on Old Polish recipes.
Hotel Opera Restaurant is good cuisine and professional service. The restaurant contains high-quality products, unproces...
Hotel Opera Restaurant is good cuisine and professional service. The restaurant contains high-quality products, unprocessed and seasonal, from which you can extract the essence of taste. Proposed compositions of dishes are unique here.
The Museum of the Archdiocese of Częstochowa is the
youngest of its kind in Poland. It collects a number of
monuments of religious art, which come from different
ages, including around 100 paintings and 120 sculptures
and vessels and vestments. Many of the objects
exhibited here belong to the collection of monuments,
which was started by Teodor Kubina, the first bishop of
the Częstochowa diocese in 1925. Therefore, the
museum now bears his name.
The church of Saints Barbara and Andrew the Apostle is
located in the vicinity of the monastery of Jasna Góra,
with which its history is closely associated. According to
tradition, in the fifteenth century, the picture of the
Black Madonna was stolen, and the damaged picture
was abandoned south of the walls of the monastery. It
was at this site that a small church was erected in the
seventeenth century. Its distinguishing feature is the
cylindrical tower. The church is also known as the
Sanctuary of the Hurt Icon of the Lady of Częstochowa.
One of the Częstochowa sanctuaries is the church of the
Divine Mercy, also known as the Valley of the Divine
Mercy. It is located at the western foot of Jasna Góra. It is
one of the younger centers of worship. It was built in the
first years after World War II, when the Pallottines built a
monastic house and a church on the site of an old
brickyard. In the following years, a painting of the Merciful
Christ, painted according to the vision of Saint Sister
Faustina, was placed in the church.
In 1909, the Exhibition of Industry and Agriculture was held in Częstochowa. It was the largest event of its kind in the Polish lands before the the First World War. Within a few months, 660 exhibitors presented their products to about half a million visitors. A reminder of that exhibition is a few halls which can be seen in the Staszica Park at Jasna Góra.
The Shrine of Our Lady of Jasna Góra is the most popular Polish Marian shrine and one of the most important in the world. In the monastery complex of the Pauline Fathers monastery, people venerate a Byzantine icon with the miraculous image of the Virgin and Child, which was brought to Częstochowa in the fifteenth century. The present buildings of the monastery are mainly from the seventeenth century and represent the Baroque style.