The first Jews settled in Pilica, an old town which lies east of Zawiercie, in the sixteenth century. Before the Holocaust, they represented the vast majority in the town. In the twenty-first century, the only trace of their presence is a large cemetery located on the edge of the town. This is the other Jewish cemetery in Pilica founded in 1842. It occupies an area of approximately 1 hectare. It is fenced. 327 typical tombstones with inscriptions mostly in Hebrew have survived to this day.
Nie jesteś zalogowany. Aby skorzystać z planera podróży musisz się zalogować.