The Museum of the 600th Anniversary of Jasna Góra is one
of the several exhibitions at the monastery of
Częstochowa. The museum, located near the chapel of
the Miraculous Image, in the premises of the former
printing office, which operated here from the seventeenth
century to the time of its closure by the Russian
occupants in 1864. The exhibition, consisting of various
departments, was opened in 1982. The idea of creating
the museum was associated with the jubilee celebration
of the foundation of the monastery.
The Shrine of Our Lady of Jasna Góra is the most popular Polish Marian shrine and one of the most important in the world. In the monastery complex of the Pauline Fathers monastery, people venerate a Byzantine icon with the miraculous image of the Virgin and Child, which was brought to Częstochowa in the fifteenth century. The present buildings of the monastery are mainly from the seventeenth century and represent the Baroque style.
In the Jasna Góra Treasury in Częstochowa, there are
begging and thanksgiving offerings which were made to
Our Lady by pilgrims who have been visiting the shrine
from the late Middle Ages to modern times. Among the
votive offerings, we can see both masterpieces of art -
royal or papal gifts - and modest items bearing the
emotional value. The oldest ones are from the
"The Museum of Ore Mining in Częstochowa is one of the places in Poland where you can learn about traditional methods of mining iron ore in natural conditions. It is housed in the underground corridors hollowed out beneath the Częstochowa Stanisław Staszic Park. Besides the old
corridors, we can see specialized machinery and equipment. The opening of the exhibition took place in 2008. The museum is a branch of the Częstochowa Museum."